different between allotheistic vs taxonomy
allo- +? theistic
allotheistic (comparative more allotheistic, superlative most allotheistic)
- Of or relating to allotheism.
allotheistic From the web:
- what polytheistic
- what polytheistic means
- what polytheistic religions exist today
- what is polytheistic religion
- what does polytheistic
- what is polytheistic and monotheistic
- what do polytheistic mean
- what are polytheistic and pantheistic views
allotheistic in Examples From Wordnik
Borrowed from French taxonomie. Surface analysis taxo- +? -nomy.
- (UK) IPA(key): /tæk?s?n?mi/
- (US) IPA(key): /tæk?s??n?mi/
- Rhymes: -?n?mi
taxonomy (countable and uncountable, plural taxonomies)
- The science or the technique used to make a classification.
- A classification; especially, a classification in a hierarchical system.
- (taxonomy, uncountable) The science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms.
- (science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms): alpha taxonomy
taxonomy From the web:
- what taxonomy means
- what taxonomy are humans
- what taxonomy do humans belong to
- what taxonomy is not a type of taxonomy
taxonomy in Examples From Wordnik
- A biological taxonomy is a classification scheme based on character traits.
- However Linnean taxonomy is a nested hierarchy through-n-through.
- ID guy: Except that taxonomy is based on CHARACTERISTICS.
- A taxonomy is a type of nested hierarchy based on a classification scheme, such as a biological classification.
- Linnaean taxonomy is also a nested hierarchy, but he had very limited knowledge of Reptiles and he set Reptiles as a separate class of Animals; therefore the class is not monophyletic.
- In other words, the nested hierarchy of the observed Linnaean taxonomy is explained as due to the nested hierarchy of the posited descent from common ancestors.
- Darwin proposes that the nested hierarchy of Linnaean taxonomy is due to the nested hierarchy of descent.
- A taxonomy is a nested hierarchy based on shared characterists.
- A taxonomy is a type of nested hierarchy classification based on character traits.
- BTW I said "clade" instead of "phylum" because the problem I see with Linnaean taxonomy is that it organizes the taxa on the basis of morphology BUT MAKES NO PREDICTIONS.
you may also like
- allotheistic vs taxonomy
- ammoniate vs ammonite
- sweepy vs sweep
- sweetly vs sweet
- slow vs delayer
- phospholipid vs phosphoglycolipid
- sharers vs sharkers
- sharker vs starker
- sharker vs sparker
- corporatocracy vs taxonomy
- internshipe vs externship
- external vs internally
- dodder vs codder
- superlunary vs taxonomy
- severality vs taxonomy
- nonoestrogenic vs nonestrogenic
- demetallize vs demetallized
- purfled vs purpled
- purples vs purfles
- cappuccino vs cafelatte